Activities & Local Vermont Attractions
Enjoy some of the local attractions while your here in VT!
- MOUNT SNOW Ski Resort
Located in Dover, VT, 25 minutes from the Inn- with over 75 trails, Mount Snow is a must-go for skiers or snowboarders!
- THE LEDGES
Harriman Reservoir is a well known natural venue for nude recreation located 8 miles North of Abbott’s Glen. Enjoy kayaking, swimming, boating & a picnic. One cannot be nude everywhere. There is a specific place where nudity is allowed. Do not remove your clothing in the parking lot.
- Zoar outdoor A Hub for Outdoor Adventure
- The West Brattleboro Organic Farmer’s Market is a Vermont treasure! Gardeners & foodies as well as a bevy of local artists, lovingly display & sell their crafts. This is what a farmer’s market should be. This is a MUST SEE for anyone who loves to eat good food and an opportunity to meet those special people who grow it. Outdoor Market opens May 19 up to Columbus day weekend.Saturday morning: 8 am ~ 2 pm.
- The Wilmington Flea Market is a must stop for antique-lovers or anyone! Open mid-May to mid-October, Saturday, Sunday and Holiday Mondays.
Art Exhibitions & Art Museums:
- Brattleboro Contemporary Art Museum- Brattleboro, VT
- Brattleboro Artwalk –Every First Friday of the Month
- Clark Institute of Art – Williamstown, MA
- Mass MOCA, Museum of Contemporary Art – North Adams, MA
- Grandma Moses Schoolhouse, Paintings & American primitives – Bennington, VT
- Bennington Museum, American glass & Revolutionary War artifacts – Bennington, VT
- Southern Vermont Natural History Museum– Marlboro, VT 802-464-0048
Museums (History) :
Hilene, Robert Todd Lincolns sons home, 412 acres, 24 room Georgian Revival mansion. Manchester, VT
Mid May ~ Oct. 802-362-1788
Bennington Monument, a 306 ft. obelisk, observation deck w with incredible views.
Robert Frost, American Poet, Stone house Museum
Bennington, VT 802-447-6200
Rudyard Kiplings, English writer, Naulakha (his summer home)
802-254-6868 Brattleboro, VT
Designer Outlet Shopping, Manchester, VT
Antiques & Galleries, Historic Wilmington, VT
The shops @ Yankee Candle, Deerfield, MA 877-636-7707
Home of Bennington Pottery, Manufacturer & retail shop
Wineries & Food:
Honora Winery, Grape wines, Jacksonville, VT 368-2938
Putney Mountain Winery, Putney, VT 802-387-5925
Vermont Shepherd Cheese, Putney, VT 802-387-4473
Apex Orchards, Seasonal fruit picking, Shelburne, MA 413-625-2744
Sprague & Sons Sugarhouse, Maple Products, Jacksonville, VT 802-368-2776
The Jacksonville General Store (Community store) offers groceries, a fabulous butcher shop, beer & wine, also a small selection of Vermont specialties.
Music & Theatre:
Marlboro Music Festival, July 14 ~ Aug. 12. Lovely Chamber Music in a country setting.
Marlboro, VT 802-254-2394
Memorial Hall, Summer theatre & assorted musicals
July ~ October, Wilmington, VT 802-464-8411
Tanglewood, Boston Symphonys Summer Venue, Lenox, MA 888-266-1200 or www.bso.org
Bridge of Flowers, Shelburne Falls, MA
North Hill, Garden Tours, Readsboro, VT
Olallie North Daylily Gardens, S. Newfane, VT 802-348-6614
Crumpin-Fox Club, Bernardston, MA 800-943-1901
Haystack Golf Course, Dover, VT
Flames Stables, horse back riding,
Jacksonville, VT 802-464-8329
Hiking, Long Trail, part of the Appalachian Trail,
- Exit 3 off Rte. 67A in N. Bennington.
- Rte. 313, W. Arlington
- Maple Street, E. Arlington