Calling all New Englanders, naturists and nudists hailing from New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Maine Rhode Island & New Hampshire, make the most of your summer by checking out August events at Abbott’s Glen Clothing Optional Inn & Campground. Make the last two weeks of high summer count! We have just two weeks left in August before we head into our Harvest Celebrations. We have fun year-round here and we’ll keep you posted about our events.
Deep Food Immersion, Sights, Sounds and Highlights of August at Abbott’s Glen Nudist Resort and Club SugarShack.
It’s mid-August now. We’ve had some wonderful food experiences and it’s not over yet! We’re in the midst of Deep Food Immersion at Abbott’s Glen. This continues through August with Our Live Blues Barbeque this weekend, It’s Greek to Me- Greek Dining, and A Taste of Mexico.
Consider Upcoming August Events at Abbott’s Glen (they’re coming fast!):
Live Blues Barbeque
August 14th & 15th: Spend the second to the last weekend of your August around the bonfire on Friday night, roasting marshmallows, eating summer food barefoot on the grass and dancing the night away in Club SugarShack during our Live Blues Barbeque this weekend.. Make a reservation for this weekend before we fill up! Preview sounds here: The Reprobate Blues Band
It’s Greek to Me, Greek Dining at Abbott’s Glen
August 21st & 22nd: Dine Al Fresco next weekend during our “It’s Greek to Me” event. Honor our Democracy, Dionysus, Aphrodite, and Pan having deep discussion with plenty of wine and fun. Where else would you rather be?This is what It’s Greek to Me conjures up: You’ll see folks in togas and laurel crowns. For the upper crust, no holds barred. G-d and G-ddess garb is welcome. Lindy is convinced he’s a descent of Julius himself. Wait until you see.
- Toga tying tutorial here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4hWqIW–rQ
- Laurel wreaths available here or bring your own, available on Etsy or other sources. In fact, they have some very creative togas too. Order now.
- During dinner, you’ll hear: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=SVAzB8Uj0KM
- And after, a mix of this type of sound (no translation available): https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=DjJ7-snE2SU#t=1326
A Taste of Mexico
August 28th & 29th: A Taste of Mexico comes on the heels of Amy Abbott’s trip to New Mexico at the beginning of the month. The Naked Country Cook brings tastes to the forefront as she brought back some beautiful authentic Mexican spices and recipes with which to create an enchanting meal. As with all of our special dining events, the evening will begin with an appetizer and cocktail hour, pondside with a complimentary glass of homemade Sangria.
- You’ll see bright linens and Mexican hats. Kudos will go to the guest with the most extravagant Mexican headdress.
- During cocktail hour and dinner it will sound something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpSbdTV0LxI
- And after dinner it will sound something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvkzoqQ5Oak
- Women, spin around in a big skirt and hat and nothing else!
- Men, boots, sombrero, forget the cloth in between!
- Join us as we laugh, dance and spin!
Don’t miss it. Make reservations for our excursions to other parts of the world. Right from Southern Vermont. Where else would you rather be?
August Events Behind Us, But Not Forgotten:
In the meantime, let’s share some recent events with friends who were here during the first two weeks of August, and with those who will be here soon. We always have a fabulous variety of guests at The Glen. That’s what makes Abbott’s Glen the special, magical place that it is. In the past two weeks, we’ve had:
- A sculptor and activist whose mission is to bring peace to America’s inner cities
- A bright, charming, ever-smiling woman from Sweden drop in intending to spend just one night with us which turned into four. Her English was fluent, but when she described her encounter with an “eight legged bird” and the “nest” it made, how it sparkled in the morning… we had quite a laugh.
- A lovely couple who chatted away in Hebrew.
- Lindy driving a tiny house up 91 and onto the property where it now sits in the grape arbor area of the property and its been dubbed the “Vineyard Room”:
- A friend who keeps a camper here contributed many of the images you see in this post. She has a keen eye, which we love and appreciate along with her sweet disposition.
- A friend who keeps their tiny house here who has become a sarong tying guru
- Guests venture out for the day to Lake Whitingham, Lake Sadawga to enjoy swimming, kayaking, hiking, returning to The Glen for our gourmet dining events and dancing in Club SugarShack.
- On Friday night of our Lobsterfest Weekend, this is the Al Fresco dining guests enjoyed as they slid into a place at the table and settled into a relaxing weekend at The Glen…
On Saturday, the Abbott’s Glen Gang went up to support the Halifax Fire Department Fundraiser in their annual Lobster and Clambake. Guests enjoyed plates heaped with seafood and spent the rest of the day luxuriously hiking, swimming, chatting and lounging in the sun.
This past weekend, we celebrated “A Taste of Tuscany”. We enjoyed a full house this past weekend with all rooms taken and the campground overflowing into The Orchard. This is what “A Taste of Tuscany” looked like if you missed the smells and tastes this from this weekend…
Don’t miss another event.
We’ll save a place for you at the table.
Book online now, or call us- we’re here- 802-368-2525 – and book your next stay.
Where else would you rather be?
We can’t wait to see you!