Nudist Winter Getaway At Abbott’s Glen Resort Vermont
Yes, Abbott’s Glen Vermont Nudist Winter Resort Getaway … Club SugarShack still pounds out the tunes! This weekend one of several guests shared what a great time he’d had at our very special nudist resort nestled here in The Green Mountains of Southern Vermont. Many of our guests express the sentiment that Abbott’s Glen “Renews our faith in kindness and beauty.” and, “Abbott’s Glen gave us an opportunity to put some distance from our pain. “Overall, there is very often a sense of relief, freedom from burden and re-connection whether it be with nature or with a partner.
What was unusual about this exchange was our guest’s somewhat dismayed query, “So what happens here in the winter?!” His tone reflected concern that our very special retreat with all of it’s power of renewal, connection and fun might just end when leaves hit the ground in the fall. I started to answer but quickly realized he needed a longer answer. With details. He needed enough to visualize. And so I share with our guests and website visitors a picture of sorts, of what Abbott’s Glen is like past the Summer Solstice and on into the Autumnal Equinox and beyond.
However, before we get into that, let’s take a look at what you might have missed if you weren’t here over the past couple of weeks.
Live Blues Music & Barbeque Weekend, August 14, 15 & 16
The music was fabulous and the food delicious but the focus turns to a lovely friend, guest and talented photographer who regularly shares her impressions, both visual and anecdotal observations.
She noted that perhaps we haven’t accurately depicted the lovely and serene riverfront area of the property. Being and observer of people, we trust her judgement.
Since Hurricane Irene, the river has widened and become more shallow, but with each passing year it further customizes its flow. And so we share some of her images…
Toga Party Weekend, August 21, 22, 23: On a more raucous note, while Club SugarShack was bouncing… we’re just not sure why, but nudists today don’t like to get dressed up? See those who did embrace a bit of cloth at our Toga Weekend Party, and our scrumptious food, below:
And debate, which held off until Sunday morning Brunch as religion and politics was not allowed at the dinner table. Topics over eggs included the following:
- Donald Trump as our Next President
- The Pope- We all love him!
- Good Irish Catholic Girls
- The Merits of Sailing
- World Travel Destinations
- The Health of the Earth
- The Tipping Point of Quality and Quantity of Food Supply
- Children and the Effects of Modern Technology
- Family Fun
- Family Fun with Teenagers, an Oxymoron
- Real Toga Tying
- The Laws of Religion
- Women’s Rights
And so, coming back around to our concerned guest, mentioned above, going forward we have the following fall lineup:
October Nudist Winter Getaway
October’s events are all posted on our website under “Abbott’s Glen Events” – Don’t be shy- take a look right away for details!
- 2nd, 9th, & 16th – Last three weekends of Wood-fired Pizza Fridays
- 3rd, 10th, 17th & 24th – Abbott’s Glen’s Cider & Cheese Tastings on Saturday afternoons
- 9th, 10th, 11th & 12th – Columbus Day Weekend at Abbott’s Glen
- 16th & 17th – Harvest Moon Weekend– Decadent, harvest dinner & dancing at Club SugarShack
- 23rd &24th – Gay Men’s Takeover Weekend at Abbott’s Glen – Food, Fun, Activities & Dancing- Cut Loose!
- 30th & 31st – Is this a long month, or what? Halloween Party Weekend!
- Sunday, November 1st – Fall Back – Daylight Savings Time (You get an extra hour the morning after the party to recover!)
November Nudist Winter Getaway
- 6th & 7th – Fall Cleanup Weekend – Guests participate in closing up summer and getting the property ready our fabulously fun winter nudist season. Bring your muscles and we will feed you free all weekend. Rooms offered at $50.00 per night.
- 13th through the 22nd – Hunters’ Paradise – Hunters are welcome to make Abbott’s Glen their home-base for deer hunting season. Special game menus, see events page for package description. Nothing like a hot tub and woodfired sauna to end your day.
- 23 – 27 – We’re closed for Thanksgiving family holiday time
December Nudist Winter Getaway
- 4th & 5th – Annual Abbott’s Glen Tree Trimming Party kicks off the holiday season.
- 11th & 12th – Abbott’s Glen Annual Christmas Party & Dinner Buffet
- 18th & 19th – Holiday Special Getaway Lodging & Dinner Package$199.00. Add Friday for another $99.00. Shop the unique galleries & shops in Wilmington, Vermont. Get ready for the holidays while enjoying a reprieve before the whole family gets together…!
- 31st– New Years Eve 3 Day Winter Nudist Package Includes outdoor sports, cozy winter dinners, leisurely gourmet breakfasts & a Rockin’ New Year’s Eve Buffet Dinner & Party hosted in Club SugarShack
And for the gentleman who was so curious, and many others who have asked, this is Abbott’s Glen in the winter, outside. Inside, it’s warm and toasty!
Naked and nudist Activities in the winter include the following, and more. Please watch for event postings each week.
Please note that guests who book into 2016 by December 1st, 2015 receive a 10% discount on lodging. Plan early!
January Nudist Winter Getaway
- 8th, 9th, 10th – Mid-week Getaway Package from $ 99.00 to $179.00 a night, includes
breakfast and full access to the property for Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing, hot tub & sauna. Bring your own equipment (BYOE).
- 15th & 16th – German Dinner Weekend – Warm Wursts to fend off the worst of winter!
- 22nd & 23rd – Mid-January Chili Cook-0ff – Fun, fun! Bring your best pot & share with other guests. Prize awarded for best chili.
- 29th & 30th – Adams Farm Sleigh Ride Weekend– Take part in this romantically iconic tradition with an early dinner served on Saturday evening and then a short drive to Dover where we enjoy a leisurely sleigh ride up into the mountains stop at a cabin in the woods… hope for a full moon & clear sky!
February Nudist Winter Getaway
- 5th & 6th – Mardis Gras Party – N’awlens-style dinner with masks, beads & Zydeco
music. Wild night of dancing in Club SugarShack.
- 13 & 14th – Valentines Day Weekend – A fabulous romantic time with massage services,
hot tub & sauna, beautiful dinners & outdoor sports. Lets make it a chocolate weekend full of fun & deliciousness…
- 19th & 20th – Outdoor Sports
Fest / Winter Games & Italian Dinner Night
- 26th & 27th – Taste of the Islands Dinner – Wear your bikini- if you want to- if you can’t get away to the islands, we bring them to you!
March Nudist Winter Getaway
- 5th & 6th and 12th & 13th – Maple Sugaring – We tap our trees and roll out our own evaporator. We smell and taste great! Come join us and go home with a bottle or two of your own.
- 18th & 19th – Patrick’s Day Dinner & Dance – A Post-Patrick’s Day this year- Gather your luck for the rest of the year!